Welcome to the High School Class of 2022!!!
Who is my teacher?
Ms. Catherine King
This is my fifth year at MLK Jr Technology Academy and my fourteenth year in TRUSD (via NSSD).
I have been a member of various School Site Councils and was a BTSA support provider focusing on elementary teachers in specialized fields.
How to Contact...
I am available via district phone/voicemail and email from 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday through Friday.
Voicemail: (916) 566-3490 extenstion 60361
You may also set up an in-person meeting after school hours (3:15 - 5:30pm).
- Preliminary Administrative credential, SCOE Leadership Institute, June 2014.
- Master of Arts - Special Education, California State University, Sacramento (CSUS), May 2010
- Education Specialist - Mild-Moderate Disabilities, Autism Authorization, Teachers College of San Joaquin, June 2013
- Education Specialist - Mild-Moderate Disabilities, Level 2 credential, California State University, Sacramento (CSUS), May 2008
- Education Specialist - Mild-Moderate Disabilities, Level 1 credential, California State University, Sacramento (CSUS), May 2003
- Multiple Subject with CLAD credential, California State University, Sacramento (CSUS), May 2003
- Bachelor of Arts - Physiological Psychology, Smith College (Northampton, MA)
- High School Diploma - Honors, Washburn High School (Minneapolis, MN)
During the summer of 2000, I relocated to Sacramento and now live along the American River.
My parents still live in Minnesota and I enjoy going on vacation with them every Christmas and July. My brother, his wife and son live in New York City. I enjoy hiking, biking, bird watching, reading and spending time in nature.
I love cats, dogs, horses, animals in the wild as well as all types of flora, especially spring flower and autumn deciduous trees.
Help Classroom 52!
We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize needed classroom supplies.
Please sign up for "Needed Supplies" - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot:
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.